Thursday, January 29, 2009
We spent a great week in the sunshine state and I was able to sleep a lot! Our last day of vacation (my birthday), I woke up feeling crampy. I knew something was wrong and called my doctor. Needless to say, we packed up the car knowing what was coming. We ended up getting a hotel in GA and I spent the night awake knowing I just miscarried our little baby. So many emotions. Needless to say, it was one of the worst days of my life.
A few weeks ago, I had a deja vu moment. Same location, same test brand.... same results. I am pregnant and due in September!!! We waited this time to scream it to the world - but this is the same week I was in when I miscarried. This pregnancy doesn't feel "off"- it feels perfect. So I wanted to share my good news because really, I can't stop thinking about it. Say a little prayer for us and our little baby.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Here is poem I wrote just for you...
You came to my house when I was asleep
And shoveled my driveway without making a peep
This morning it was nothing but ice
But not having any snow underneath, that was nice
I took the dog out and I shed a tear
I didn't have to worry about getting out, you took away the fear
I saw your footprints in the street
you know John, you're pretty neat
Thank you for marrying my big sis
I am glad you took away the title "Miss"
St. John, you are the greatest! Thanks for helping me out... We owe you big time... And seriously, when did you come over? It must have been late last night?!?!
Your biggest fan,
Kate the great
Monday, January 26, 2009
* I have no milk - I just poured Colin the last of it
* Food - I haven't grocery shopped in 2 weeks
* My camera charger is still MIA - So I couldn't take pictures of the snow
* I've lived with snow my whole life and haven't owned a pair of boots since the 8th grade
* Justin has to work - so I will have to pay some neighborhood kid a ridiculous amount of money to shovel...and I have no cash on me... And when I say Justin has to work, he is 2 hours away - in the snow belt of Ohio... He'll be stuck at work :(
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP a la Denver Debbie
(fyi...I cut this recipe in half and it was plenty for our little family - and I even had some for lunch the next day)
3 cans black beans, drain and rinse
2 cardboard containers of chicken broth (32oz each)
1# package frozen corn
2 jars salsa (I used mild because Debbie told me to)
6 chicken thighs, cooked and cut up (I used chicken breast and it was YUM)
1 small can tomato paste
2 cans Rotel Mexican tomatoes
chili pepper (powder - is there a difference?! I used powder) to taste
Mix everything together, simmer 1/2 hour. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream and/or tortilla chips. You could get fancy like Rachel Ray and take blue chz crumbles and melt on tortilla chips....
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
The first award is from Dawn (originally from Circleville). If you haven't checked her out yet, what are you waiting for? Here's what this award is all about:
Blueviolet at A Nut in a Nutshell
Stephanie at More Than A Mommy Blog
**Take your award and post it on your blogs**
My other fabulous awards are from Lana
a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
b) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
(I'm going to cheat a little here and tag the SAME people I already tagged - they are some of my favorite blogging buddies so they deserve it all)
1. I am short. Honestly, I'm really short... I always round up when asked my height... I'm 5'3" - see I just fibbed...
2. I slept through Colin's birth - I had a c-section after HOURS of hard labor and Justin had to wake me up to show me our little boy.. I'll never forget that moment - he had the biggest eyes and was staring at me. So cute.
3. I drive a Honda Civic - actually my husband drives it now because of gas and I am stuck with the wrecked Rodeo!
4. I secretly want a mini-van...
5. I hit a police officer in the knees with my car at the state fair 10 years ago.. I was parking and he was using his hands to tell me when to stop - so I was a little delayed... He laughed at me asking if I could see over the steering wheel (see #1) - I secretly wish I would have hit him harder after that comment.
6. I hate where I live - not really hate - but strongly dislike. We love our neighbor friends but hate the location... We are so far away from everything and we are busting out of our house.
7. I procrastinate. Terribly. I wait until the absolute LAST minute to do everything except Christmas shop... I have such big ideas and great plans - I just wait until the last second to do them. My son is 3. He's still not potty trained. I'm waiting for him to do this for me or get on the ball the day before preschool...
8. I love good gossip - US Weekly, In Touch, People, Star - heck, even the Globe.
9. I am cheap - way too cheap to purchase the above mentioned "rag sheets" (that's what my grandmother calls them - as she hands them to me when she finishes reading them). I hate paying full price, I look for the best price online before buying anything, I love love garage sales, I just found out I love love Craigslist (wait til you see Colin's new bedroom furniture), I buy a lot of Colin's clothes at Once Upon a Child... I just have a hard time paying full price...
10. Last but not least, I have the HARDEST time making decisions... I took the curtains down in my kitchen about 6 months ago because I want to make new ones - I still have nothing up. I can't find fabric I want to dedicate the next few years of my life to, I can't find a pattern I like for my bay window... Seriously, someone help me with this one... I'm looking at them now and getting depressed...
Thursday, January 15, 2009
This is an actual conversation between a husband and his soon to be ex wife. haha
Justin: How can the family be there actually supporting these people?
Kate: I dunno... Love is deaf.
Justin: No it's not. I've heard you sing and trust me, if you wanted to try out for Idol, I would seriously not let you go embarrass yourself.
Justin: What?! Really, you'd make a fool out of yourself. Remember when you and your sister would "play Idol" after each episode and it was terrible?
Justin: I'm not trying to be mean. All I'm saying is I can't believe some of these people support their family going to try out.
Kate: Let me hear you sing.
How are we going to survive Idol now???? No singing along anymore... sniff.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Happy Birthday, Justin. I am glad you were born :)
and I'm glad you let me win at fishing the other night - my self esteem was down the tubes