Thursday, November 20, 2008

Vampires?! Really?!

So twilight comes out tomorrow. My sister seriously asked me to go at midnight. I considered the night of little sleep but decided to let the reviews sway my vote....

Associated Press:
The funny, lively banter -- the way in which Edward and Bella teased and toyed with one another about their respective immortality and humanity -- is pretty much completely gone, and all that's left is a slog of adolescent angst

Chicago Tribune:
On a simple but crucial matter of visual magic. Whenever something fantastic requires straightforward on-screen depiction, Twilight looks like a weaker episode from Season 6 of Charmed.

Entertainment Weekly:
On screen, Twilight is repetitive and a tad sodden, too prosaic to really soar. But Hardwicke stirs this teen pulp to a pleasing simmer

Not looking so hot...

To top it off, my sister wants to wear t-shirts that are handmade... When did she turn 14 again?

I guess I'll go... but I want a hot pink t-shirt that says "bite me" on it. I found one for her that said "Twerd - like nerd but only cooler" - That one is fitting for such a fanpire. Oh and by the way - apparently twerd is for twilight nerds - I googled it.

4 comments:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

I'll accept your apology after we have a blast at the movie . . .wearing our ridiculous t-shirts . . . laughing until we snort . . .and behaving like we're teenagers again.

Maybe we should ask mom to drop us off so we fit in.

Kristina P. said...

I definitely think you should go. But not because I think it will be good.

Jillene said...

Your sister sent me here. I am going to the movie on Saturday night. NO T-shirt wearing for me!! I am actually a bit foreclempt as to the actor they chose to play Edward--not so HOT but he should be!! I hope you have fun!!

Jillene said...

Oh yeah--I forgot--she's right and you're wrong!! (that's what she told me to say)