Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookie recipe

So I got my fabulous cookie recipe from the blog www.thegoodapple.blogspot.com - ok this lady has perfect cookies so please don't compare mine to hers.

And she suggested using pudding - I used the cheesecake pudding and it tasted great! this is the recipe straight from her blog in her words :)

Cream
1 cup butter room temperature
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Add
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
Sift and add
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
Chill and roll 1/4 inch thick. Cut cookies and bake 8-10 minutes at 375*.

Some tricks I use
Cream the butter really well
For a softer cookie I will add most of the sugar but substitute a little instant pudding. For example, I might add 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar and then 1/4 cup of pudding. ( I never measure - I just eyeball it) I use vanilla pudding, white chocolate (yum) and cheesecake (my favorite). If you add to much pudding the dough will become pasty. Don't worry, your cookies will still taste good just make a note of it and use less next time.

No comments: