Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday night dinner...

I found a recipe from this great blog. It is a keeper and I'll be making it again in the future... I even cooked the chicken and felt ok to eat it!!! Maybe I'm getting over this pregnancy induced, meat-free diet.... I hope so :)



I copied the recipe and picture straight from the blog....






















SWISS STUFFING CHICKEN



4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts

6 oz. Mozzarella or Swiss cheese slices

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1/4 cup white cooking wine

salt and pepper to taste

1 cup herb-flavored crushed up Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix

1/2 stick butter, melted



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place uncooked chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt, pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 1 hour.

**I would recommend skipping the salt when cooking - it was a tad on the salty side. I did use the mozzarella cheese and not swiss.

1 comment:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

This recipe is absolutely
to.
die.
for.