Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dedicated to John...

Dear St. John (the best brother-in-law on the planet),

Here is poem I wrote just for you...

You came to my house when I was asleep
And shoveled my driveway without making a peep

This morning it was nothing but ice
But not having any snow underneath, that was nice

I took the dog out and I shed a tear
I didn't have to worry about getting out, you took away the fear

I saw your footprints in the street
you know John, you're pretty neat

Thank you for marrying my big sis
I am glad you took away the title "Miss"

St. John, you are the greatest! Thanks for helping me out... We owe you big time... And seriously, when did you come over? It must have been late last night?!?!

Your biggest fan,
Kate the great

2 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

What a sweet tribute! I loved it when I didn't have to be the one shoveling!

How are you guys holding up back there in all this mess????

Kristina P. said...

What a nice guy! Can I call him for my house?