Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Apples

I spent most of the day Friday making homemade applesauce. The first batch turned out great.

The second batch, too much cinnamon. It was my first attempt at applesauce and I was satisfied with the results. I even gave some away to my family, per their request.



Recipe

3-4lbs peeled, cored, and quartered apples

4 strips of a lemon peel

3-4T of juice from a lemon

3 inches of a cinnamon stick (don't use this much)

1/4C dark brown sugar

up to 1/4C white sugar

1 cup of water


Put ingredients into a large pot. Cover. Boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat - take out the lemon peels and cinnamon stick. Mash.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I LOVE homemade applesauce, and this recipe looks easy.

Love the shark costume!