Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In Memory of...

My cousin, Katherine Razzolini.




She was taken to heaven a year ago today. It's hard to imagine that it has been a whole year. Debbie, Ron, Steve, Alex, Dan - We're thinking of you today.


My favorite memory of Kerry was of course a trip to the cabin! The "Bucky" weekend! It was so much fun being so scared - we spent an evening with all the boys at the Horseshoe asking the locals about Bucky. He was a fugitive that was hiding in the woods around our cabin! They ended up catching him on the golf course while my dad was playing after we left to come home!!


Some other memories:

* When Kerry was younger - she scared the crud out of me. She was a perfect combination of a butt kicker and girly girl! She could hold her own with the boys - I just watched from a distance.
* I remember watching her and the boys and she and either Steve or Alex got in a fight and I was scared silly that they'd come after me next :)
* The cat - I won't say anymore because it was a sensitive time for she and Debbie R.
* trips to the bottom of the hill - I'm still keeping your secret, Kerry!! hehehe
* Stories about Danny, Steven and Alex - she always spilled the beans on her brothers.
* I can hear her yelling at her brothers right now!!!
* Her love for the same magazines - People, US Weekly, Star, really whatever we could get our hands on at the cabin.
* Target practice at the cabin. She could shoot a gun, beat up her brothers and never ruin her nails :)
* My wedding - she looked so pretty and I remember thinking that is why they say never to look more beautiful than the bride - but she didn't ever have to try!!!
* trying to figure out our family tree
* The application to "date my daughter" sent by Baby Ron to my brother in law, Todd. He thought she was beautiful the first time he saw her and so Baby Ron sent an application via email. It still makes me laugh! I wonder if I still have it in email! Really, it is a classic. Especially when he asked if Todd had tatoos because it was ok - Kerry does too :)
* Her smile


A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam
And for a brief moment its glory and beauty belong to our world
But then it flies again
And though we wish it could have stayed...
We feel lucky to have seen it.
Author Unknown


Kerry really changed a lot of people. She will forever be in our prayers and I will forever be thankful I was able to call her family. Thank you Kerry for teaching me to enjoy life. You have changed the way I look at life. Thank you. I miss you!




There is a scholarship fund in Kerry's memory here.

No comments: